Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 4, 2011

brotherly love

We have one of those old school rotary style plastic play phones (you know, the ones we used to play with when we were kids that have once again resurfaced in the stores). It is probably one of the least expensive toys we own and one of the most played with. It was one of Love Bug's stocking stuffers but The Mayor usually calls dibs on it. Once again, it was the hot toy of the night and The Mayor took it and yelled "mine". I said, "it is actually your sister's and she is nice enough to share with you". He said "awwwww" and walked over and placed the phone in front of Love Bug. Just as I was complimenting him on his sharing I noticed he was still holding on to the 12 inch string attached to the phone. The second Love Bug leaned over to pick up the phone, he pulled the string and the phone went rolling across the floor. He pulled it until it was out of her reach and when she started crawling for it and was just about to touch it...he pulled the string again. Such a stinker.

Today was super cold and super wet so we stayed inside all day. We left only for a quick trip through the Starbucks drive-thru and into Publix to get a few items. While getting out of the car, The Mayor fell and landed in a water puddle. He did not enjoy the fact that he was now cold and wet so he asked me to carry him. I put Love Bug in the cart and was going to let him walk and help me shop (which he usually jumps at the chance to do) but he was only happy when I carried him. I tried to enjoy every second of carrying around his almost 40 pound body reminding myself that he wouldn't always want me to carry him...and thinking about the great upper body workout I was getting while toting him through Publix.


waving "bye-bye"

she loves to eat

sweet siblings...before he taunted her with the play phone (notice the phone is to his left...out of her reach)

No comments:

Post a Comment