Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 14, 2011

valentines 2011

Today didn't go anything like I thought. It would have been nice to have woken up to breakfast in bed (somewhere around 10:30) then whisked off to a spa for the royal treatment. But since reality always takes its reins around here, I was woken up somewhere around 4:00 AM to The Mayor having a bad dream. After some soothing, he did go back to sleep, and the little angel slept until 8:30. Love Bug was up around 9:30 and while they played, I started on our taxes. She was ready for a nap around 11:30 so I finished our taxes while The Mayor played.

My plan was to go out for a walk and let the kids play once Love Bug woke from her nap and ate some lunch. It was sunny and almost 70 degrees today...I didn't want to waste that day inside. Well, Little Miss decided to sleep for 5 hours so that shot a hole into our plan. She is teething and has not been herself the past 2 days. And just like her brother, when she teethes, she sleeps. She went down for the night at 7:00. She literally slept this day away.

We all had a great dinner together and had a blast watching The Mayor get excited about his Valentine's Day gift. Love Bug smiled when we showed her hers. Bath time led to bedtime and the babes are sound asleep. D and I are going to enjoy the rest of the evening...and although this day didn't go exactly as planned, I am thankful to celebrate this Valentine's Day with the 3 people I love the most...and who love me. That's all the matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment