Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 11, 2011

i'm going to miss this

Anyone who has children will tell you it ain't always pretty and it ain't always easy...but it is always worth it. And in the midst of my darkest days as a stay-at-home mom, when the clock just can't get to 5:30 fast enough so D will walk through the door, when I am tired of hearing even my own voice, when the timeout stair has been worn down, and on and on and on...I tell myself, you are going to miss this. And I know I will.

Tonight was one of those nights that I know I will miss. After a fairly easy and quiet dinner, we broke out the music and had a dance party right in the middle of the kitchen. And I dare say the parents had a better time than the kids. The Mayor had a blast being held by D and spinning and dipping around the kitchen. Love Bug loved just taking it in. Every once in awhile her shoulder would start moving up and down to the beat of the music and then she would just grin. She loved being twirled around the kitchen and seeing her brother laughing. I am going to miss this.

I wish time went as slowly now as it seemed to go when I was a kid. As a kid, it seemed like an eternity before the next Christmas or summer vacation came around. And now as an adult, I can't believe another Christmas has already come and gone and we are almost half way through with February. Time is flying by me and now that I am a mother, I need it to slow down. My first baby is already over 3 years old and my last baby is almost 1. Where and how did that happen? I am going to blink and they will be calling me telling me when they are next coming home to visit from college...and I am going to miss days like today.

highchair dancing


taking it all in



"raising the roof"


No comments:

Post a Comment