Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

we survived

We made it. We survived, me and kids, while D was out of town. We all look like a bunch of rag-a-muffins, but we survived. Why is it the kids get sick when the husband is out of town? Why can't they get sick on a Saturday when we are both here?

At 6:30 this morning, The Mayor woke up crying. I went to check on him and he wanted some water. He was burning up. I checked his temperature and it was already at 103.7. Some water and a dose of Motrin and he was back asleep. At 8:30, I was lying in bed while both kids were sound asleep just thinking about the day ahead of us. I decided we probably needed to start the day with a trip to the pediatrician. I called and they could get us in at 9:30...but then I remembered both car seats were completely stripped bare and sitting in the family room. Crap! I had to put together the car seats, get them back into the car, wake up two sleeping babies, feed them and get myself dressed and be out the door in 30 minutes so we could drop Love Bug off at Meega's and get to the doctor in time...

Took me about 20 minutes to tackle the car seats then I raced upstairs to get Love Bug dressed and then started her breakfast. While she ate, I woke up a sleeping Mayor drenched in sweat from his fever...we changed him into new PJs and his breakfast was juice (his request). I had about 45 seconds to get myself dressed and out the door. The only clothes at my grasp were the clothes Love Bug had vomited on the day before...yes, I was that mom today. Luckily, there wasn't that much vomit and I was the only person that could see it.

We got to Meega's in record time to drop off Love Bug and sped off to the doctor...we made it with 3 minutes to spare, thank you very much. The Mayor was pitiful, wanted to be carried and cuddled the entire time. Long story short, strep and the flu came back negative, but since he only started feeling sick yesterday, it is too soon for the flu test to come back positive. So he either has the flu or a virus. His temperature is still at 103 and he had 3 popsicles for dinner. Praying for just a virus and that it will be gone before we know it.

Regardless, D is home and I could not be happier. I always hate it when he travels but I was really missing him this trip. It is so nice to have an extra pair of hands around here.

Love Bug entertaining her brother


so pitiful...doesn't even want to hold his own popsicle

No comments:

Post a Comment