Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

gotta love a freebie

How cute is this table?  Not only is it a snack table, but it converts to a craft table (the table top can be adjusted to tilt so it is an art easel).  The kids love it and the best part is it was free.

About a month and a half ago, I had ordered a table and chairs set for the kids from JCPenney.com.  I had found a merchandise credit in my wallet from about 2 years ago and wanted to use it, so I found a table and chairs set that was $13.  Even though I didn't love the table and chairs, I loved the price.  Well apparently so did about 1000 other customers because the manufacturer ran out of the product and couldn't fulfill my order.  No big deal especially since I didn't love the table and was just buying it because of the price.

About a week ago, I got a letter from JCPenney apologizing for the mishap and they gave me a credit for $50 off of $50.  I was so excited...nothing better than having a free $50 credit.  So I found this table (it was $55) but with the $50 credit and my merchandise credit, it was free.  Love.

Our day was fantastic.  D ran a 5K this morning in Marietta with some friends and while he was running 3.1 miles, I was purchasing 3 doughnuts at our favorite local doughnut shop.  I would say The Mayor, Love Bug and I got the better end of that stick.

By the time we were done with our doughnuts, D was back home so we picked him up and headed to Atlanta.  We spent the morning running the errands we needed to and then walked around the mall for a bit.  We went to lunch and then headed back home so Love Bug could go down for a late nap.

The evening was spent eating dinner at the new table and then playing until bedtime.

Sad tomorrow is the last day of our weekend.  But it will be another sunny day so we will be sure to make the most of it.


I love how Love Bug is holding onto the side of the table.  She was so happy to have a table just her size she kept rubbing it and holding it as if it might disappear from under her

No comments:

Post a Comment