Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 27, 2012

a great no picture day


This morning we woke up to cold, windy and rainy weather so I was thrilled that we had a jam-packed day so we didn't get the rainy day blues.  After breakfast, we headed to a local private Christian school who was hosting a "Toddler Time".  It is something they put on once a month from 9:30 - 11:00 and it is totally free.  Me and two other moms from my Sunday School class signed up and we took the kids.  I had high hopes but sadly it disappointed.  I thought it was going to be a lot of playing and crafts with a snack thrown in, but it was a little dull.  I think the problem was some things went over the younger kids heads so they weren't paying attention and then other things were too babyish so the older kids weren't interested.  Overall the kids seemed to enjoy themselves even though us moms were watching the clock.

Afterwards, we headed out to lunch and the kids had a blast eating pizza and "talking" to each other.  The Mayor and one of the girls Addy actually had a little conversation at the table.  They talked about candy, playing and haircuts.  Random, but adorable.

After lunch, The Mayor, Love Bug and I went to Chick-fil-a to meet up with Nicholas and his mom so The Mayor and Nicholas could play.  Nicholas is The Mayor's best friend from his old preschool class.  They were in the same 2 year old and 3 year old class so they are going through a bit of withdrawal from not seeing each other 3 days a week in class.  We let the kids play in the indoor playground for about an hour and a half until it was time to wrap up the fun and get Love Bug home for a nap.

After nap, we went outside to ride some bikes because lo and behold the sun had come out!  Although it was sunny and beautiful, it was a little chilly so we only lasted about 30 minutes.  Then we went out to dinner (Mexican - the cookout we were supposed to attend was canceled due to illness) and ice cream for dessert.

Today was just an amazing day, but I didn't get one picture because I left without my camera.  I need to get better about bringing my camera with me because there were lots of cute moments with the kids and their friends.  Oh well...next time.

Tomorrow we are spending the day in Atlanta...D and I both have errands we need to get done down there so why not make a day of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment