Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

the new year


Hello 2012!  Another year has come and gone...and this year promises lots of fun and some pretty big milestones.  2012 will be the year our Love Bug turns 2, The Mayor turns 5, The Mayor will start Pre-K and D will compete in an Ironman.  And all of those will bring me to tears...

We had a very low-key New Year's Eve...just the way I like it.  We were supposed to go to a party, but Love Bug has been battling an on-and-off fever and what I hope is just a cold, so we decided to skip the party and stay home.  The kids were exhausted and in bed asleep by 7:00 and D and I had to fight to keep our eyes open at midnight.  We were turning the lights off and going to bed at 12:01.  When did we get so old?

Tomorrow is the last day of D's vacation.  Oh, Tuesday will be so sad.  The kids have been complete daddy's kids the past week and a half and I have thoroughly enjoyed having D here in the mornings getting the kids up and dressed while he let me sleep.  I so love that man.

Tuesday will be The Mayor's first official day of his OT.  I am looking forward to getting this started and having a game plan.  I am going to lineup some playdates for the kids for the week and we might head downtown and visit D at work.  Since we don't have to worry about preschool we are going to fly by the seat of our pants.  Hello 2012!

a couple of pictures of my cuties from earlier in the week




No comments:

Post a Comment