Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

a doozy

Today was the 1st day of school for The Mayor since Christmas break. I was a little worried about dropping him off since he had been out of the school routine for the past few weeks and because I had to walk him in this morning so I could give his teacher something, I just knew I would have to bribe him with something to get him to walk into his class. But no, he ran right in, took his jacket off, handed it to me and took off for some toys. I was shocked. Even his teachers were amazed. He watched me leave and didn't bat an eye about it.

When I picked him up, he was crying. Which is so not like him...if he is going to shed tears, it is definitely at drop off not pick up. The teacher said he was really tired and that was an understatement. We got home and he wasn't happy unless I was holding him. So I put Love Bug down for her nap and came downstairs to cuddle with him. He sat in my lap while we watched Curious George and 10 minutes later, he was asleep. I turned him over so he was sleeping on my shoulder and he slept for an hour and a half on me. It was heaven. And never happens. I think the last time he fell asleep on me (excluding when he is sick or we are rocking in his glider at bedtime) he was 9 months old. He just doesn't sleep on us during the day, ever. I suffered through the crick in my neck and the pins and needles shooting up my arm and enjoyed it.

Thankfully D came home early to get Love Bug up since The Mayor was suctioned to me. Even after the nap, he wouldn't let me put him down. A quick dinner and playtime with the kids led us to bedtime. Eager to get The Mayor accustomed to his school routine again...although if he wants to sleep on me Thursday after school, I am ok with that too.

daddy = jungle gym

No comments:

Post a Comment