Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

miss indepedent

I am so behind on blogging...we have just been busy playing and organizing and cleaning and potty training that I just haven't sat down to blog...so...

Today Miss Love Bug made a huge decision...all on her own. She decided she was done nursing. As with The Mayor, my goal was to nurse for the first year of her life. And just like her brother, she decided on her own she was done. The Mayor made this decision at 11 1/2 months, she just 2 days shy of her 10 month birthday. It is sad and liberating at the same time. I just wish I had known that my last time was my last time. And since we are done having babies (unless God has another plan for us) I will never nurse another baby again. Which is both sad and liberating at the same time. She is just getting so big.

Christmas is officially over in this house. Every last decoration made its way from the pile in the basement into it's own box, tub, bubble wrap, etc and into the storage closet. In addition to no more Christmas, the second playroom is almost completely organized. We purchased a 9 cubby shelving unit with some fabric bins and everything now has its own place. Now I just need to decorate...I am sure D is super thrilled at the thought of this.

Due to the frigid temperatures hitting us this weekend, The Mayor had hot cocoa for the first time today. Shocker, he loved it. I warmed up his rice milk and added the cocoa (which I tasted and it was delicious) and he loved every second of that drink. I even put some whipped cream on top. He would take a sip and let out an "ahhhhh". When it was all said and done, he looked at me with a hot cocoa mustache and said "thank you momma". I love that boy.

Tomorrow will be sunny and cold...temps in the 30s and tomorrow night the snow is going to roll in. We are expected to get 3-5 inches with the snow switching to sleet and rain by Monday afternoon, and since the high will only be 27, the roads are going to be a nightmare. Looks like we will be hunkering down...and that is fine by me.

Love Bug and Bennett playing together

miss independent...in addition to no longer nursing, she is quickly preferring "big girl" food instead of baby food...enjoying her first waffle

hot cocoa! so excited!


showing off his hot cocoa face

No comments:

Post a Comment