Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

no pictures allowed

I took pictures today, but when D told me our children were going to hate me one day, I decided it best to keep them for our memories only...but I will tell you about them.

This morning we put The Mayor in big boy underwear. We had 2 accidents within an hour (even though he was successful in actually peeing in the potty too) so we decided to let him walk around naked. We really did it so we could see if he was about to pee and then throw him on the potty. And it worked...while he was walking around his train table completely naked, D saw him start to pee. He picked The Mayor up and put him on the potty and he peed on the potty. He walked around naked for hours. And it helped because he finally started to realize what it felt like to pee, be wet and to have the urge. After several hours of successful peeing on the potty, we rewarded him with putting back on his underwear. And he did great. We set the timer for every 15 minutes and he would pee. He even pooped twice on the potty!! At one point, while playing, I heard him say "oh no!" and he waddled to me saying "I peepee" but he was able to stop it until we got to the bathroom. We are so proud of him. It has not been an easy road but we are finally on our way out of Diaperville and on our way into Potty Town.

In non-potty news, we made a family trip to the grocery store and now we are waiting for the snow. School has already been canceled in our county for tomorrow (which is kind of ridiculous - I don't doubt it would have been canceled anyway, but couldn't we have waited for at least one flake of snow?) If the storm is like they predict, D will be working from home tomorrow. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment