Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 26, 2011

before and after


I can't stand clutter.  And when you have two kids under the age of 4, clutter is going to happen.  The Mayor and Love Bug have their main playroom upstairs and then we set up a play space in the basement. Now, please don't think my kids are inundated with toys to fill two playrooms...we simply split the toys that used to occupy the upstairs playroom and put half of those toys in the basement.  This also helps with the clutter...less toys in one space equals less clutter.  There are days I am psycho and don't let us leave those playrooms until every toy is picked up and in its place.  And then there are days when I pretend the mess doesn't exist and simply shut the door.  But the beauty about those playrooms is they are closed off and if there is a mess, I don't have to see it.

Now...the clutter makes me twitch when we are on the main level of the house...where there is no defined play area and one thousand trains are lying on the floor like little land mines and baby dolls are strewn about.  I had a bin where the dolls and cars and trucks and blocks and whatever would be placed in at the end of the day, and a few clear tupperware containers that would house The Mayor's Thomas trains to go under the train table.  The problem was even when the toys were cleaned up I could still see them.  The bin started busting at the seams and overflowing and I could see the toys peeking out from behind the chair.  The room never felt clean.  Two days ago the bin fell completely apart...and so did my nerves.

Today I went on a mission...a mission to de-clutter and put the toys away.  We do spend a lot of time in this area so they do need some toys but they needed to be organized.  I cleaned out one of our built-in cabinets, went to Target to purchase some new bins and got to organizing.

Oh man does it feel good!  I feel like I can breath!

before (not all of this junk is toys...some of this is from the built-ins)

before

before (the dreaded pile...after the bin literally busted at the seams)

after (ahhhh, one little wooden ride-on toy for Love Bug)

after...organized bliss

after 
(just the train table and its two bins of trains under the table...
no more using the floor under the table as storage)

No comments:

Post a Comment