Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 23, 2011

date with dad


Last night was "Date With Dad" night at The Mayor's school.  I love how his school has a special night for the dad's to be involved.  All week The Mayor has been working on little gifts for his daddy in his class and last night The Mayor presented them to D.  While in the class, they also worked on a craft together...and let me tell you, it was the highlight of the night.  They made a snake out of a necktie and it could not have been more valuable to The Mayor had it been made of solid gold.  Seriously...he talked about that snake this morning, asked to take it to school and asked where his snake was when I picked him up.

getting ready for "date night with dad"

getting a kiss from daddy before the date night

showing off his snake

he was so proud


showing the tail of the snake

I love the gifts he made for D.  One is a picture frame with puzzle pieces modge-podged onto it that says "I love you to pieces" and the other is a huge dress shirt card with a questionnaire filled out by The Mayor about his daddy.  Adorable and something that will be kept forever.




Today was Friday.  And Friday has not been a great day for The Mayor at school.  If you look at his behavior chart at home, the only Friday he has with a smiley face is the Friday after his surgery and that is because he didn't go to school.  I prayed, like I do every Friday, that this Friday would be a good one.  I was also the mystery reader for his class today and I was really excited about the opportunity to chat with his teacher about the day.

When I arrived at his class, I knocked on the door and heard the teacher making a big deal about the surprise at the door.  When she opened the door, all these sweet faces were looking at me and The Mayor got so excited.  He said "that's my momma, that's my momma, that's not your momma, that's my momma".  I love that boy.

He, and the rest of his class, did awesome during the story time.  I read two books while they finished lunch and they all looked at me and listened intently.  I read Dr. Suess's "Green Eggs and Ham" and "Oh, The Thinks You Can Think".  Both are favorites of The Mayor.  

After I read, they were packing up their lunches and school bags and I got to talk to the teacher.  She said he had a great day!  He was getting a sticker!!  And because she knew we have been working so hard with him, she called him up and made a big deal about it...telling him she loved him and how proud she was of him for reaching his goal today.  She gave him a Skittle from the Skittle jar and he was thrilled.  I could see he was proud of himself.  While we walked down the hall to go to the car, I told him I was so proud of him and he said "momma, I am so happy you came to school today".  Me too baby, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment