Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

night and day


So D and I learned something about our kids today. They are different as night and day when it comes to discipline.  The Mayor is strong-willed and some days it doesn't matter what kind of discipline you use, it doesn't affect him.  Love Bug, is quite another story.

We had to discipline Love Bug today for the first time.  She was holding my old iPhone and hit The Mayor on the head with the phone.  She thought it was funny so she did it again.  D and I both looked at her and firmly said "no ma'am".  She looked at us, her lower lip jutted out and the tears started flowing.  She was so upset.  And they weren't fake tears, they were real full-on tears.  Then she pointed upstairs and said "night night".  Man, if this is what it is going to be like disciplining her...I am going to LOVE the toddler years with her.  Although, truth be told, it did break our hearts.  D scooped her up and started kissing her and comforting her...she has him wrapped.

D and I both took turns going to the gym and working out this morning and when I got home, we decided to go out to lunch and run some errands...and then my iCalendar reminder went off reminding me someone would be by the house in an hour to buy something I put on craigslist.  So we fed the kids some snacks and waited.  Of course they were late so we didn't leave here until 1:30.  After we were finished with lunch at 2:30, we went to the playground warehouse and purchased the kiddos a playground!  Hopefully it will be installed this week.  It is awesome!! But we didn't leave there until 3:30.  Love Bug usually naps at 1:00...so she missed her nap today.  Miss Priss is also cutting 4 teeth.  She is pitiful.  Anyway, she was sound asleep before 6:00 tonight.  She fell asleep in the chair with D while he was rocking her and when he stood up, she curled up in the chair.  Precious.

This weekend is the kickoff to college football.  D is so happy.  I am so happy because it means my most favorite time of year is around the corner.  I can almost smell the cooler weather and hear the leaves crunching under my feet.  Go Dawgs!



look at this sweet sad face...she was so tired...
and this was after she was "disciplined" and melted down


my little dawgs

No comments:

Post a Comment