Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

i am a lobster


I did something today I never thought I would do.  I went kayaking.  And had a blast.  But I now look like a lobster...ouch.  Not a great day to forget the sunblock.

We borrowed PopPop's kayak and a friend of D's had a kayak he said we could use.  Our friends Jay and Sue love to kayak so the four of us headed to the lake.  When we got to the lake around 11am, it was cloudy, windy and the water was so choppy.  I was scared.  For the first 10 minutes I just swore I was going to tip over, but once I figured out how to balance myself and got comfortable, I really started enjoying the day.  We kayaked for miles to a private cove and beached our kayaks.  We ate lunch, got in the water and floated around and just chilled.  It was a nice and quiet day.  The kids were with PopPop and Mamie so there were absolutely no worries.

We were on the water until 5:00 and by then the sun had been shining for hours...meaning the sun reflected off the water right onto my face and legs.  Oh boy, do I hurt!  But it was totally worth it.  I am in love with kayaking (shocking) and will even give D the go ahead to purchase our own.  Can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment