Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 30, 2011

picasso


Today was an amazing day.  The weather was beyond perfect...temperatures in the 70s, not one cloud in the sky and a breeze that allowed one 3 year old to run around for hours and not drip one drop of sweat.

Love Bug and I were hanging with one of my besties, Hayley, when I got a call from The Mayor's school.  My heart stopped while the voicemail asking me to pick up The Mayor got interrupted by another phone call from his school.  My mind was racing thinking what did The Mayor do to warrant two phone calls.  Thankfully nothing.  There were two cases of active LICE in his classroom.....GROSS!!!!!  They needed every child in his class to be picked up so the room could be cleaned.  I immediately started itching.  And praying.  Please do not let my child have these critters.

Thankfully, we are in the clear.  But I did strip his bed and washed everything in the sanitary wash cycle just to be on the safe side.

After I picked The Mayor up from school, we met up with some friends for lunch at Chick-fil-a and then they came over to play in our new backyard.  The Mayor loved having his friend over to the "playground" and they had a blast playing and having races back and forth in our yard.  It made me so happy seeing him just run around in the grass and loving this new space of ours.  

After our impromptu play date, we ran a few errands.  While we were at the grocery store picking up a few items, The Mayor said "I want to paint a picture for daddy".  He asked this two more times and I told him absolutely, you can paint a picture for daddy.

As soon as we got home and I unloaded the groceries, I set him up.  I put his little painting smock on him, gave him his brushes and stamps and a plate of paint.  And he went to town.  It was so sweet seeing him paint and then he started painting his hand and pressing his hand on the paper.  Seeing his little handprints on that page made me smile and appreciate this short lived time of having my sweet boy here with me during the day.  I am so blessed.

We finished the day with more time outside playing...the weather was too beautiful not to be outside.  I am really looking forward to this weekend.  It is actually going to be chilly.  D's last triathlon of the season is Sunday and the high is 64 and the lows will be in the 40s!  Considering the 7:30 AM start time, I will have to break out the fall clothing for me and the kiddos...can't wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment