Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 2, 2011

hangover


Today was beyond a lazy day.  I would really have to come up with another word than lazy to truly describe just how lazy today was.  You would think I was the one who had surgery yesterday.  Yesterday, I was so tired and ended up taking a nap, and I told myself I would be taking Tylenol PM before bed last night.  Well apparently I didn't take the Tylenol PM early enough.  It seemed to take forever to kick in and I tossed and turned for what seemed like hours.  I think I was still awake around 11:30.  But it did eventually kick in and I slept hard.  But I was woken from a deep sleep before 7:30 when The Mayor was yelling for me.  If you have taken Tylenol PM before, you know how it can really linger in your body the next day, especially if you don't get several hours of sleep.  And it is my fault; I should have taken it as soon as I put the kids to bed last night.  But I didn't...so all day this morning I struggled with a Tylenol PM hangover.

It was so bad, I didn't even have the energy to make the kids lunch.  I put the kids in the car, took us through a drive-thru, ordered myself a big-o-tub-of-diet-coke, brought the food home and we ate at the table.  I guess I should tell you I was still wearing my PJs and didn't even put shoes on.  Yes, I was that lazy.

Thankfully, during Love Bug's nap time, The Mayor was content to sit in the chair with me and cuddle for hours, but I did have to brew myself a cup of coffee at 2:48 to help push me through.  By the time Love Bug woke up, D was pulling into the driveway.

I have now showered for the day and bed will soon be calling my name.  Hopefully by tomorrow, my Tylenol PM hangover will be gone and we can get started with this long holiday weekend.

Oh yeah, college football is now in high gear.  Go Dawgs!

And most importantly, The Mayor is doing awesome.  You seriously would never know he had surgery yesterday morning.  He has a pretty good appetite and has not complained once of any pain.  He is such a rockstar!

No comments:

Post a Comment