Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 24, 2010

fevers, fevers go away

The Mayor went to bed last night with a 103.1 temperature and woke up this morning with a fever of only 100.4. I thought we were ok...but because he had no desire to eat or drink this morning and had a little bit of a barking cough, I decided to schedule a pediatrician appointment just to be on the safe side. Being that it is Friday, I didn't want to wait an entire weekend in case he got worse.

During breakfast The Mayor watched me feed Love Bug apples for the first time...and shocker, she loved them! She scrunched her nose and smiled at me during the entire feeding. She was so happy to test out her new food. And those precious 30 minutes of breakfast is almost all I have seen of my sweet girl today.

i love apples!

during breakfast...pretty happy...fever of 100.4

Our appointment was for 11:30, so we dropped Love Bug off at Meega's (didn't want to take the healthy baby to the doctor's office) and off The Mayor and I went. I checked his temperature right before we went and it was up to 102.9. 30 minutes later we were leaving the office with a prescription for strep throat and a diagnosis of croup...great. The strep test came back positive before the nurse could even right The Mayor's name on the paper...the results normally can take up to 5 minutes...but his were immediate.

We came home and attempted to eat lunch, but he still had no interest in eating so off he went to nap. 2 hours later, he was barking so badly and his fever had spiked to 105.7. Nothing panics a mother more than seeing the thermometer climb to 105.7. It is quite unsettling to know your child's temperature is substantially closer to brain damage range than normal range. After a couple of calls to the doctor and some Motrin, his temperature is now down to 104.7. I never thought I would have been happy about a fever of 104.7. We are on a cycle of Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours so hopefully this will get under control.

Sweet Love Bug has been with Meega almost all day. With the exception of me feeding her for about 10 minutes this afternoon and putting her down for her afternoon nap, I haven't seen her since breakfast. Meega came over about an hour ago and took Love Bug home with her for the night. I miss my girl but am thankful for family willing to help so me and D can be here for The Mayor. Praying for no ER visits tonight...

fever of 105.7...lethargic and tired

No comments:

Post a Comment