Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 17, 2010

friday fun


Today has been a low-key but fun day. Bennett came over this morning and I had my first run of watching 3 kids...on my own. Wasn't too bad actually. I mean I am not running to have another baby or anything, but I can do it on my own, at least for a few hours!

The Mayor decided it was going to be "no nap Friday". I hate it when he decides that...especially when he hasn't discussed the change in schedule with me beforehand. But the upside is bedtime will be a lot earlier tonight. I won't be surprised if our sweet boy will be able to keep his eyes open one minute after 7:30 tonight. And that works just fine for me. It is that much earlier that D and I get some quiet in the house.

Since I didn't blog last night due to internet issues...again...I will do a little recap. Love Bug and I cuddled inside while The Mayor and D played outside. The Mayor was perfecting his baseball skills...which made one daddy a very happy daddy. And for a few minutes, Love Bug and I sat outside and watched, and he is really good. I mean, he is only 2 and not anywhere near being drafted by the Braves, but he has some natural talent. D hasn't really worked with him on hitting a baseball (trying not to force the sport on him) but The Mayor was standing at his tee, lining his bat up with the ball, drawing his bat back and swinging right on through and making some serious contact. That ball went flying across the yard. We were proud! And so was he. We will see if he keeps it up...maybe in another year or so we will start him with t-ball and see if it is something he wants to pursue.

lining up his bat with the ball

getting ready...

...contact!...look at that ball go!

This weekend we have another birthday party to go to and then we are taking The Mayor to see "Sesame Street Live" with some of his buddies. Going to be a blast watching him see a life-size Elmo, Big Bird, Zoe, Ernie, etc on stage. Well, either a blast or a nightmare. Hopefully they don't scare him!

No comments:

Post a Comment