Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

made my heart skip a beat

My mother passed away 20 years ago. I miss her terribly.

I am friends with my mom's best friend from high school on Facebook and last night while messing around on Facebook, I noticed a picture of my mom's friend from high school had been posted. I clicked on it, and then realized there were over 370 pictures from the Class of 1970 that had been posted on this particular page. So I wondered if my mom's high school picture was one of those 370. I clicked through each picture and there it was. Number 179 of 372...my mother's high school senior picture. And my heart just stopped.

My mother passed away before the internet and laptops and smart phones were a blink in our eye. So to see a picture of her posted on Facebook by someone I do not even know...made me just stop in my track. You just don't expect to stumbled onto your mother's picture on the internet...something she never knew existed. I found myself just staring at her picture for what seemed like hours. I looked at it for so long that it no longer even looked like a real picture.

I miss my mom terribly.

1 comment: