Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

what a way to start my day


Tuesday and Thursday mornings are tough around here. I have to get 2 kids up (who both love to sleep in), pack lunches/diaper bags, get them fed and out the door in about 30 minutes. We have to get The Mayor to school and Love Bug to Meega's. This morning seemed especially frantic...

...but it was such a good morning. Every morning The Mayor loves to go into Love Bug's room to help me get her up. He literally pushes me out of the way so he can get into her room and to her crib first. He loves to be the first one to greet her. And she loves it. The smile on her face when he peeks over the side of her crib is priceless.

I can't pick Love Bug up out of her crib until The Mayor has said good morning to her through the slats of her crib and I can't change her diaper until I lower her so he can kiss her. After kissing her he says "good mornin' pretty, pretty girl"...just melts my heart to watch the way they love each other.

Today was Spirit Wear Day at The Mayor's school and I so wish I had captured the picture this morning before school when he was in a great mood...but time just didn't permit. So I captured the picture after nap, when he was in a foul mood. I should have known something was up when he woke up from his nap still tired and so whiny. But when D got home, he took The Mayor back up to school for "Date Night with Dad" (how cute is that?!). They had their picture taken, ate snacks, went to The Mayor's classroom where each dad was presented with a "surprise" (a decorated rock used for a paper weight and a handmade card with The Mayor's little finger prints painted on it). After the "date night", D took The Mayor to Chick-fil-a for dinner and ice cream.

i just love this face...he did not want his picture taken

before "date with dad" night at school

When they got home The Mayor didn't want to do anything but cuddle. I should have known his foul mood after nap was something...because I could tell he had a fever when we were cuddling. Sure enough, he has a fever of 103.1. He is sound asleep now so we will see what the morning brings. With his history of fevers, I am praying he will wake up totally normal.

Sweet Love Bug is becoming a master at solids. She is far neater at eating than her brother and loving every new food we give her. She loves the bananas and tomorrow is apples. I am confident she will love those just as much. I am also pretty sure she is going to be getting some teeth here soon. She is drooling like Niagara Falls and biting on everything she can get into her mouth...including your fingers. She has got a pretty good "chomp" going on...

she loves bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment