Blog Archive

Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 10, 2010

happy 1/2 birthday love bug

Today is sweet Love Bug's 6 month birthday. I can not believe that she is already 6 months old...and at the same time, I can not believe she is only 6 months old. I feel like she has been a part of this family forever. I love her...

It is hard to believe that 6 months ago I was laying in my hospital bed looking at this sweet, swaddled little peanut sleeping so peacefully next to me...and wondering how the heck I was going to do this. How was I going to love her and make her feel important when I had a toddler at home who needed me too. And how was I going to love that toddler when I had a newborn who needed me. I am almost a little nauseous now just thinking back on that anxious feeling I had. But now it seems so unnecessary. We are doing just fine...we figured it out and life is so good.

Our sweet Love Bug had a great report from the doctor today. She is healthy and ready for solid foods. Tomorrow morning we start rice cereal...gonna be messy!

Love Bug is 27 1/4 inches long and 19 pounds even. She has grown almost 2 inches (1 3/4 inches to be exact) and gained 1 pound 5 ounces from her 4 month appointment. Her weight gain has slowed but she is still in the 90th percentile. But our sweet girl is proportionate and as cute as can be!

Love Bug is all smiles all of the time. And she is such a welcome addition to our family. I can not imagine my life without her and I am so happy I don't have to know what that life would be like. Every morning I get to start my day seeing her sweet smiling face peeking up at me from her crib. I can not think of a better way to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment