Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 19, 2013

first day of ballet


The day Love Bug has been waiting for and asking for almost on a daily basis for the past couple of months finally arrived today...her first ballet class!  Oh my goodness...she was so cute I wish she could go to ballet class everyday.  I knew it would be best for her hair to be up during class, but because her hair is naturally curly, most of the hair on the side of her head won't reach into a ponytail in the back of her head.  So I split her hair down the middle and french braided it on the sides.  She looked like such a big girl with her hair off her beautiful face.  She loved her hair...in fact when she saw herself in the mirror her exact words were "oh, my hair is soooo cute" and she absolutely loved being in her tights, leotard and ballet shoes.  We are only missing her little ballet skirt, but hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of days so she can wear it next week.

She did great in class.  She was so polite and talkative.  She wasn't shy at all and loved dancing around the room following her teacher.  I was so proud of my girl and so happy she was doing something she really loves.  She had the biggest smile on her face during class and shed actual tears because it was over.  She can not wait until next week to go back.

After class, Love Bug, Rebecca and I came home and watched a movie.  The movie was on for less than 15 minutes before Rebecca fell asleep on the couch;  I thought Love Bug was going to fall asleep too but she just had heavy eyes.  Considering those two little sweets were up at 6AM talking to each other instead of sleeping, I was not surprised one fell asleep and the other looked like a little zombie.

We ate lunch and played before walking to the bus stop to get The Mayor.  Because he had a great day, we went with our neighbors to get some frozen yogurt.  The kids had a blast getting filled up on sugar and it was nice being able to chat with my neighbor.  We are planning on doing this on a pretty frequent basis...I know the kids will be happy about that decision.

After ice cream, we went home to change and head up to karate.  It was the last day to practice before belt testing this week.  The Mayor tests for his Tiny Tiger yellow belt tomorrow and I wanted him to have one more opportunity to practice with his instructors.  D met me up there and took the 3 kids home to feed them dinner so I could head to school for a PTA meeting and Curriculum Night.  Both went well and then I came home to get Rebecca and take her home.  She almost fell asleep on the way to her house and Love Bug was asking to go to bed.

Tomorrow Love Bug and I will go to the gym but other than that we will be lying low.  We need to catch up on our sleep!  Tomorrow night I have Open House at Love Bug's preschool and I am so excited to find out who she has for teachers.  Going to be a great year!

her little braids

I love her sweet profile





I took pictures through the window in the door...

sweet Rebecca taking a nap

one sleeping one needs to be sleeping

walking to the bus stop to get The Mayor

getting frozen yogurt

The Mayor's super hero hanging in the hall at school...his super power is "Reading" and his weakness is "game"...love him

No comments:

Post a Comment