Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 9, 2013

planes


Today was day 2 of kindergarten...and it was another great day.  Although I had a minor heart attack around 12:30 when my cell phone rang and my caller ID showed it was The Mayor's school.  A million different thoughts and scenarios flooded my mind in the 1.3 seconds it took for me to hit the "accept" button on the call.  It was the school nurse calling to tell me The Mayor had fallen during recess and hit the back of his head on a ladder.  They made sure his pupils were equal and reactive and he didn't show any signs of concussion.  She would be sending home an incident report and she said she just likes to give parents a courtesy call in the event one of these reports go home so she can explain what happened and reassure me he was ok.  She said he was talkative and was happy when she sent him back to class with an ice pack.

Love Bug and I spent all morning and early afternoon running errands.  I am hosting a baby shower in the morning for my dear friend Hayley and had a lot to get done in preparation.  She was my sweet little helper and I enjoyed just hanging with my girl.  I will miss her when preschool starts in a few weeks.

The Mayor was all smiles again when he got off the bus and while the kids played in the basement, I got some things done for the shower.  At 5:00, I took Love Bug to D's office (they were in the middle of a production issue) and The Mayor and I had a mommy/son date with Vicki and Aidan.  We were going to dinner and to see the new Disney "Planes" movie.  The Mayor was SO excited this is how we were celebrating a great week of kindergarten.  The movie was really adorable and both the boys loved it.  They were so excited and The Mayor asked if we could buy it.  Hopefully it will be on DVD by the time he turns 6.  Aidan and The Mayor ran around outside with their arms stretched out like they were planes...they were so cute.

Tomorrow morning is the baby shower and then I am really looking forward to having no plans for the rest of the weekend.  I am ready to decompress and just enjoy my family.

blinding my son with the flash

no longer blinding them but you can barely see them

flying like Dusty and Skipper (planes in the movie)



No comments:

Post a Comment