Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

green day


This morning I woke The Mayor up for school and he and I went over what good choices he was going to make today in school.  And I told him again if he came home with green, blue or purple on his behavior chart (all of which are good) we would go to the pool today after school.

He excitedly got on that school bus and I stood around and chatted with some of the moms at the bus stop.  After a few minutes, my cell phone rang.  It was a 800 number so I answered.  Thank goodness I did.  It was our alarm company.  The alarm was going off and they wanted to know if the police needed to be dispatched.  The said the motion sensor was tripped...Love Bug.  I totally forgot to turn the motion sensor off when we went to the bus stop and my sweet girl got out of bed looking for me.  I ran up the hill to the house and walked into the house where every light was on and the door to the basement was open.  My sweet girl was upstairs crying and saying "mom, I need you"!  She had walked all through the house, while the alarm was blaring, looking for me.  Absolutely broke my heart. And I traumatized her because she talked about it all day today and even cried at bedtime tonight because she didn't want me to go to the bus stop in the morning.  I promised her I would be right home and in the off chance she woke up early again, I told her I would put my TV on and she could climb in my bed and watch Disney while she waited for me to come home.  That made her happy.

This morning we met our friends MaryAnn, Rebecca and Josh at the library for story time.  It was the first time I had done a library story time with either of my kids and I wish I had done it with The Mayor.  It was really cute and they didn't care if the kids were talking.  I guess that is why I never took The Mayor - I knew he wouldn't be quiet - but they said they knew toddlers weren't going to be quiet and would move around.  For most of story time, Love Bug laid in my lap...which I loved.  I will take any moment that girl wants to cuddle with me.

We came home for lunch and then went to a dance studio and signed Love Bug up for ballet!  She is so excited!  Her first class will be Monday and I can't wait to buy her leotard, tights and ballet slippers.  She is going to be so precious.

After we signed her up for dance class, we went home and walked to the bus stop.  The second that bus pulled up, I could see The Mayor jumping up and down in the aisle...I knew that boy was bursting at the seams to tell me he had a great day.  He hopped off that bus, ran to me and said "I got green"!!!  I was so proud of him...and so happy with how proud of himself he was.  We came home, had a snack and loaded up to go to the pool.  D met us there and we enjoyed some time in the pool and watching D and The Mayor going down the slide.

If The Mayor came earn green, blue or purple for the rest of the week, he earns his new sneakers back that arrived in the mail yesterday.  He opened those at the same time I was seeing his orange on his chart...so I took his new shoes away.  Seemed to work, he was devastated.  But is happy to know he can earn them back.  Here's hoping for more green days.

Watching and listening to the book

me and my girl

lying in my lap while listening to the book

cuties...Love Bug and Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I hate that color behavior system for school. It's hard for boys. They don't like to sit in their seats or keep their hands to themselves all the time. Sometimes you have to celebrate even if they had an 'orange' week.

    ReplyDelete