Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

l-a-z-y


So you know what was one of the worst things about working downtown?  Besides the traffic?  It was getting up to an alarm clock, early, so we could try to avoid the traffic.  You know what is one of the best things about being a stay-at-home mom the past 5 1/2 years?  Not getting up to an alarm clock.  Something about waking up to that annoying ehh-ehh-ehh-ehh-ehh from that little tiny clock just grates on my nerves.  But today was day 4, and with 176 days left to go, I better get used to waking up to that ehh-ehh-ehh-ehh coming from my alarm clock.  But I still am not so Love Bug and I have been the ultimate bums this week.  So much so she wore her PJ dress to the bus stop yesterday afternoon when it was time to get The Mayor off the bus.  She still looked cute...and still got compliments on her pretty dress.  I was only slightly embarrassed when I admitted they were PJs...

Today I let the lazy stay until about 11:00, then I got us dressed and made us run a few errands before coming home for lunch.

The Mayor is still loving school...although he told me he did not have a great day today as soon as he got off the bus.  But by the time we were half way home he said he had a great day.  ??? Confused?  Yeah, me too.  According to his choices/behavior chart, he had difficulty following directions today, running in the classroom and being disruptive in the hall (which when I asked him, he said he was spinning and walking backwards in the hall).  We had a long discussion this afternoon about appropriate behavior in the classroom and I am confident tomorrow will be a much better day.  Shortly after our talk, and to be honest, my slight panic attack about him having issues on day 4, an email from his teacher came through and it was sent to the entire class.  It said the kids were becoming more comfortable with her and the associate teacher and because of that boundaries were being tested.  She then went on to say it was completely normal since they are kindergartners and still figuring everything out.  I am not going to lie, I let out a huge sigh of relief.  I mean, I am still glad I had the talk with The Mayor but there is just something about that whole "safety in numbers" thing that made me happy.  You don't ever want your child to act like a wild donkey but when you know he wasn't the only one...makes it easier to take!

Here's knowing tomorrow will be a better day...and to no more lazy.  Love Bug and I have a date with the gym tomorrow for spin class.  And I am making a friend of mine go with me...just so I can't back out.  Now I need to go to bed because 6:10 is going to come mighty quickly.

rockin' the lazy...sporting her PJ dress at 2:00 in the afternoon...she is still so cute

No comments:

Post a Comment