Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

the night before


I wish I could say the last day of summer was an amazing one...but unfortunately we woke up to rain and as the morning progressed, so did the rain.  By lunch time it was torrential downpours.  It was raining too hard to even get into the car and go to the gym.

By the afternoon the rain had stopped and the sun came out so we ran some errands before karate.  Then it was home for dinner and getting ready for tomorrow...THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

The Mayor helped pick out his first day of school outfit and then thanked me and told me how excited he was.  As we got into bed to read and say our prayers, he thanked me again and kept clapping his hands because he was so excited.  I held back the tears until it was time to pray and I looked at his sweet profile.  Memories came flooding back to the night he was born and the first time I held him.  And now the baby, toddler and preschool years are memories and we are embarking on the school age years.  I just can't believe we are already here.  I am not ready for those preschool years to be memories.  I want to stop time and hold on to them for just a bit longer.  Don't get me wrong, I am unbelievably proud of my son.  He is an amazing person with the sweetest soul and has come so far in his therapy...he is ready for kindergarten.  And I will get there...it's just 8 hours is a long time for your baby to be gone.

I will do my best to keep those tears in my eye sockets until that bus pulls away tomorrow...then I imagine I will cry for the majority of the morning.  Luckily a dear friend teaches at The Mayor's school and she said she will check in on him and Love Bug and I are having a girl's day with one of my besties Sue.  It will be a great distraction and I am looking forward to a few weeks of one-on-one time with my girl before her preschool starts.

Let the tears begin...

last night at Open House...he loves his new classroom and of course, he found the trains!

love this sweet face...I snuck into his room tonight...I just had to have one more peek...tomorrow he wakes up a kindergartner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment