Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

love bug finally goes to school

The day she has been asking for since The Mayor started kindergarten finally arrived...today was the first day of preschool for Miss Love Bug.  She was so excited.  Considering we were the last kid to leave her classroom during "Meet The Teachers" last week because she just loved being in the class, I figured this would be an easy transition.  She was a bundle of excitement and joy this morning.  She couldn't wait to have her bath and put on her first day of school outfit and she almost ran me over when I told her it was time to get into the car.  It is so much easier dropping them off at school when they are super excited about being there.

When a teacher we didn't know came to our car to take her into class she became a little apprehensive but thankfully no tears were shed.  She cuddled into my shoulder for a few seconds and I just reassured her she would have a great day and this nice teacher would take her to her class.  That was all she needed and she walked into that school with a smile on her face.

I left preschool drop off and went to the elementary school to volunteer in the media center.  It was pretty slow since it was an early release day so after my shift I went down and picked The Mayor up from his class and took him to lunch.  After lunch, we went to Love Bug's preschool so The Mayor could see his PreK teachers from last year.  His teacher was so happy to see him and The Mayor was just as thrilled to be back.  He showed me where the gym and library were and was like a little celebrity when the director and other teachers saw him and said hello.  He was quite proud.  He and Mrs. Karen had a great time catching up and we promised he would come back for more visits.

We left school and got into carpool line.  I really wanted to walk into her class and get her but I knew it was more important to establish her routine from day 1...so I pushed my wants aside and loaded us up in the car.  She was all smiles when she saw me pull up.  She said "mommy, I had such a great day!!" and her teacher agreed.  She told me her day was great and that "she was so easy".  I just know this year is going to be great for both of my sweets.

MeMe and Big Daddy are here!  So this week and weekend are about to become awesome.  The kids are loving being spoiled with attention and D and I are looking forward to a date night...gotta love free babysitting!




No comments:

Post a Comment