Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

first loose tooth


For dinner tonight I made tilapia, corn on the cob and broccoli.  Both kids love this meal (well, The Mayor doesn't love the broccoli, but he will take a bite) so we eat this meal at least once a week.  After a few bites of the corn, The Mayor said he couldn't eat anymore because his tooth hurt.  I asked him to come to me and I felt his lower tooth...AND IT IS LOOSE!  I am chalking it up to all the change that has been happening with my baby boy the past two weeks but I started crying!  How ridiculous! I didn't want The Mayor to think something was wrong or it was bad his tooth was loose so I didn't let him see me cry.  I covered my face with a napkin and told D to tell The Mayor about the Tooth Fairy and all the cool things that happen when you lose a tooth.  It took a minute for D to stop laughing at me and my ridiculous reaction but he filled The Mayor in.

The Mayor said he didn't want to eat his corn because he didn't want his tooth to "pop out".  So D cut the corn off the cob so he could finish his meal.  A couple of times The Mayor's lower lip quivered because he thought he wasn't brushing well enough so his teeth were falling out.  And then he worried it was a bad thing his tooth was going to fall out and asked if his teeth fell out and he had zero teeth left, how was he going to eat?  I just love that sweet boy and his innocence.  We told him this was a good thing and it meant he was becoming a big boy and once he lost his tooth a brand new big boy tooth would take its place.  And besides, the Tooth Fairy leaves you money that you can save in your piggy bank or use to buy a new toy.  Want to guess what he is going to choose?  Spend the money on a new toy...

It really is so exciting but I am not going to lie, it makes me a little sad.  I love the grins on both of my kids with their sweet little baby teeth but my boy is going to be so handsome with his new teeth.  Just a lot of change happening in the past two weeks.


his lower right tooth (the one on the left if you are looking at the picture) is the one that is loose

No comments:

Post a Comment