Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

the good life


So we made it through the "first week" of kindergarten.  I mean it was only 2 days but I am still counting it as a victory.  This week will be a true test...5 days of getting up while it is dark and sitting through 7 hours of school.  Will it actually cause The Mayor to become tired and slow him down?  Hmmmm, I guess only time will tell.

This weekend was a pretty great one.  After The Mayor and I had a movie date Friday night, I came home and got to working on my dear friend Hayley's baby shower.  I was up way too late but it was worth it.  Her shower was at 10am Saturday morning so while I was entertaining D and the kids were out having fun and eating lunch together.  They came home right as the shower was winding down.  D let me take a much needed cat nap and then we took the kids to the pool.  Of course while on the way to the pool it started storming so we had to swim in the indoor pool.  No water slide but it was still a lot of fun.  After swimming and showers at the gym, we dressed and headed out to dinner.

This morning we were at church for Round Up Sunday.  The kids were promoted to their new classes and this was a big deal for The Mayor.  He is no longer in the preschool wing...he is in the Kids Wing. Ugh...it is almost too much to take.  I really need time to slow down...a lot.

After church we came home for lunch and played for hours.  And it dawned on me while we were playing...this is such a good life.  We are out of the hard baby years and into the great years where the kids can play by themselves, go to the potty by themselves and voice their needs and wants but at the same time are not embarrassed by us and still want to be held and cuddled and be seen with us in public.  We are still their heroes but don't need to be their entertainers 100% of the time.  We are in a really great phase and I want to enjoy it as long as possible.  We really are so blessed to have two beautiful and healthy children.  It is something that is easily and often taken for granted but I do thank the Lord for what we have been blessed with.  I hate my boy won't be with me for a huge chunk of each day this week and every week until May 23 when school is over, but I pray I remember that I am in the greatest part of life right now and to cherish these moments because they are fleeting.  And the fact he is in Kindergarten means he is a healthy and thriving boy who is growing and becoming a little bit more independent as each year passes and as hard as that may mean for this momma, I do know it is a good thing.

Tomorrow is the first day Love Bug and I can just enjoy relaxing at home while The Mayor is at school.  I am really looking forward to spending time with my favorite girl.

me and Hayley

who knew a balloon could be so entertaining?

love this peanut
 

No comments:

Post a Comment