Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

4 dumdums and a cookie

For those mothers out there who are into bribing your children (and if you say you aren't, then you are either lying or your children just aren't old enough yet), it will take you 1 cookie from the Publix cookie club and 4 dumdum lollipops to get you 30 minutes of leisure grocery shopping time. We weren't able to squeeze in grocery shopping this weekend as a family, so I had to go yesterday afternoon by myself with both kids. We went right after The Mayor woke up from his nap so he was in a great mood. I just wanted to ensure that good mood stayed during our entire grocery shopping trip. I just did not have it in me to deal with a potential meltdown from my 2 year old, so before we got out of the car, I told him "we are going to walk inside the store, get into the cart like a big boy, and if you do all of that, we will get a cookie". A very excited "OK!" came out and off we went...following directions as we walked into Publix. After the cookie was finished, somewhere in the produce section, out came the dumdum. Thankfully I had stocked up my diaper bag and had plenty for our entire trip. I now know to always have dumdums on hand or my husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment