Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

roller coaster

Today has been one big roller coaster. We got out of the house and were on time for The Mayor's sports class this morning. I was even ahead of the game enough to pack his picnic lunch for our playground play date for the afternoon. He was so cute during his class; we got there, I opened the gym doors and he ran right in and hugged his coach. Such a turn around from the first day of class where I had to stay in there with him because he wouldn't stop crying. After his class, we headed over to the playground. This playground was amazing. It was the biggest playground I have ever seen and easy as heck to lose your child. I spent the first 30 minutes just trying to keep up with him and follow him through this playground. I can't tell you how many times I yelled out his name because I couldn't find him. I should have taken pictures of this playground...it was insane.

After 30 minutes of playing and playing hard, the wheels just started falling off. He was hot, tired and moody. A few tantrums later, we were saying good-bye, loading up in the car and eating our picnic lunch at home. I thought for sure he would take the best nap...instead he stayed in his room for 3 hours just talking to himself. I went up there about every 30 minutes telling him he needed to go "night night", he would say yes, I would cover him up and several minutes later he would be talking again. He even climbed out of his crib! Yikes...first time ever (well, he did it once before but he used his LARGE stuffed dog as his step stool). This time he did it solely on his own. I am praying it was a one time thing. I am not ready for the big boy bed. I wanted to wait until Love Bug was sleeping at least 12 hours at night and in her own room. We are up to 10 1/2 hours at night but she is still in her bassinet in our room. I guess we will see how he does tonight...

After his "nap time" and I fed Love Bug, I decided we were having date night at Chick-fil-a and ice cream for him afterwards. Why not? But on the way, The Mayor kept asking for his Mamie and PopPop and when I got into the turn lane that was going away from their house, the request for them became louder. So we ventured over to their house for a quick hello. Which turned into dinner. And God Bless them...they even gave The Mayor a bath for me. Got to love grandparents. They step in and help out when a mommy is just tired.

The kids are in bed for the night and it is time for me to unwind. There is nothing on our calendar for tomorrow and I could not be happier. We can be lazy in the morning instead of trying to get out the door, and we are going to meet up with Meega and Bennett and go for a walk. My kind of Thursday.

the ice cream sandwich he was eating became too cold for him to hold so he put it down in front of him and ate it without using his hands

PopPop and Love Bug

love

playing golf in his diaper and crocs

No comments:

Post a Comment