Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

back together again

I woke up this morning in the best mood. We had absolutely nothing on our calendar and D was returning from his 3 day business trip. I was so happy.

Meega and Bennett came over this morning to hang out and we decided to load up the kiddos and go for a walk. We walked for over an hour and almost died. Seriously. It was so hot. It is only early May...I am scared to death of what August is going to be like. We both silently cursed under our breath with every hill we climbed while pushing some heavy jogging strollers. We felt so good afterwards but quickly decided we either need to walk a lot earlier in the morning or somewhere flatter. I think a regular combination of those 2 requirements will more than likely be what we do.

After naps, The Mayor and I hung out with Love Bug and then we heard the best sound of the day. The garage door opening. YAY! Daddy was home! We celebrated by spending the next 2 hours outside. And The Mayor rode his tricycle all by himself tonight for the first time! He was able to work the pedals and steer the handle bars...all by himself. He looked like such a big boy. He really wore himself out and had the privilege of staying up an hour past his bedtime. Now D is cuddling with his Love Bug and I am enjoying a few moments of peace and quiet. We have a busy weekend ahead of us so I will enjoy these few moments to myself while I can.

I am going to sleep so well tonight...all of us are under one roof and back together again. As it should be...

sweet Bennett

daddy showing The Mayor how it is done...

...all by himself! Such a big boy!

sweet Love Bug. She loves being outside. Immediately calms her down during her nightly "cranky" hour

No comments:

Post a Comment