Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

whirlwind

I woke up Sunday morning thinking it would be just a normal Sunday. Church, family lunch at the house, naps and a birthday party for The Mayor to go to that afternoon. And it was normal. Until we got home from the birthday party. The air conditioning upstairs went out and it was hot as an oven. By 7:00 that night it was 84 degrees up there, too hot for us to sleep. A quick phone call to PopPop to inform him he would have house guests for the night and we were off.

I was so worried. We had just started The Mayor sleeping in a big boy bed (which is just his crib with the front off...a toddler bed). My parents, over the weekend, put together a full-size bed in the nursery at their house in anticipation of The Mayor sleeping over at some point. So my options were to put The Mayor in their crib (which I didn't want to do...I didn't want to go backwards in our efforts of getting him to sleep in a big boy bed) but the thought of him sleeping in a huge full-size bed made me nervous. Since going backwards wasn't an option, he was going to have to sleep in the full-size bed. He looked like such a little peanut in that huge bed. But thanks to Mamie and PopPop decking out the bed with Lightning McQueen bedding and Lightning McQueen and Thomas the Train pillows, The Mayor was more than excited to get into that bed. After a couple of books and some cuddling, he laid down and we didn't hear from him until morning. I couldn't believe it, my baby is just growing up right before my eyes.

Monday was spent going on a walk, getting The Mayor's haircut and waiting for the HVAC guy to come and fix our air conditioning. I love The Mayor's hair. He has the best hair. It is thick and shiny and has the cutest curls at the end of his long hair. But that hair is not conducive to summer time. 5 minutes of playing and his hair is wet with sweat. D has been telling me we need to cut it for summer and yesterday I finally agreed. The Mayor's hair is gone. And I cried while he sat in the little chair at Halfpint Haircuts and his little curls fell to the ground. I tried to hold the tears in until we got into the car, but I couldn't do it. Tears fell down my cheeks as I watched my little boy immediately start to look like a big boy. I can't wait for it to grow back! It is a lot easier to wash his hair during bath time and his head is not getting nearly as hot and sweaty now when he plays, so I guess it was the right thing to do...but I still can't wait until it grows back!

Our A/C was finally fixed last night at 7:30 PM. Just in time for bath time and bedtime for the sweet kiddos. So much for just a normal Sunday...

PopPop feeding his sweet granddaughter

all smiles

in the HUGE bed at Mamie and PopPop's house

she loves her daddy...he makes her smile

the new haircut

*so happy The Mayor's hair wasn't directly tied to his awesome personality...he is still just as silly and sweet even with his short hair

No comments:

Post a Comment