Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

end of class

A little over nine weeks ago I signed The Mayor up for a sports class designed for 2 year olds. It was a 9 week program, meeting one day a week, teaching the fundamentals of football, basketball, t-ball and soccer. There are no games, just a 30 minute class teaching them about the equipment, how to follow instructions and the basics of each sport. The first week of class, The Mayor wouldn't stop crying. I had to spend the entire 30 minutes in the gym with him, sitting with him and following him around. The 2nd week, D had to go in the gym with him, but this time The Mayor followed directions and participated in class, but just had to have his daddy close by. By the 3rd week, he was running into class and waving "bye-bye" to me. I am so proud of my little man. I snuck into class today to take some pictures and I was afraid it would distract him and he would run over to me. But I was wrong, instead he listened to his coach, followed directions and even smiled at me while I took pictures. Such a difference in him in just these 9 weeks. He is growing up so quickly.

running into class. 9 weeks ago I was carrying him in while he cried...such a difference

waiting in line to kick his soccer ball into the goal

he kicks...

...and it's good! GOAL!
Coach Shannon taught them how to stick their arms in the air and yell "goal" when they scored...so cute!

after each class, they gather together in a huddle, put their hands on top of each others and yell "SportTykes"! (the name of the class)

getting his stamp for being a good listener

waiting to pick out his lollipop

his class


No comments:

Post a Comment