Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

movin' on up

This picture was taken at 11:55 this morning. And if you knew The Mayor, you would know this is not normal. Back in the good ole' days when he slept in a crib (which, I know was just a week ago) he usually slept until 8 or 9:00 most mornings. Breakfast was usually done around 10:00, lunch around 1:00 and naptime around 1:30. And he never fell asleep in the car. If he did fall asleep in the car, it was usually because we were WAY past nap time. But not today. And to make it an even bigger deal, Thomas the Train was on the DVD player in the car. Which usually that is what I use to keep him awake if we are pushing nap time. So when we were out running errands at 11:00 this morning, I didn't think him sleeping in the car would be an issue....but...

This morning, someone decided to wake up at 5:45 AM. The Mayor hasn't seen 5:45 AM since he was 4 weeks old. Seriously. I heard him crying in a way that makes me think he woke up afraid like he may have had a bad dream. I went in to cuddle with him, which usually works and he will go back to sleep. But since the toddler bed is now in the room and not the crib, apparently he was not interested in going back to bed. I tried for over an hour to get him to go to bed and stay in bed. It didn't work. At 7:00 I reluctantly went in and got him up for the day. By 9:30 this morning, I felt like we had been up for days. So by 11:55, he was worn out.

Nap time and bed time have just been a horrible struggle these past few days. It has taken almost an hour to get him to stay in his bed. After discussing this amongst ourselves and getting feedback from friends who have gone through this before, we are ditching the toddler bed and getting the full-size bed. He did great in the full-size bed at Mamie and PopPop's house so I am praying for the same results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment