Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 7, 2010

gearing up for the weekend

I woke up this morning ready for what lie ahead. I had 2 babies to entertain and a house to clean before MeMe and Big Daddy arrived for the weekend. About an hour into my morning, I got a fantastic phone call. D was coming home! He decided to take a much needed day off work and spend a day with us (he didn't make it to work and then turn around, he was still near the house getting his emissions test done on his car). After feeding The Mayor and Love Bug, we went to an indoor playground to play (it was too hot outside for me) and then to lunch. During naps, I cleaned the inside while D did yard work. I am happy to report, our house is looking good!

This weekend is going to be so special. Not only do we have family coming into town, but Love Bug is being dedicated at our church on Sunday. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift! MeMe and Big Daddy are coming in for the event. I am so happy they are able to make it; it means so much to me to have family here for this important occasion. Our promise to ourselves, our daughter, our family and our church that we will raise Love Bug in a Christian home and steer her towards a life where she has a relationship with Christ. The Mayor was dedicated last year on Mother's Day as well. There is just nothing more important than having a personal relationship with Christ; to know Him, to love Him and to accept Him as our own personal Savior. As much as I pray for a long, happy and healthy life for all 4 of us while on Earth, I would much rather know we will be together in Heaven for all eternity.

MeMe and Big Daddy are set to arrive late tonight. So while we wait for their arrival, we are are going to enjoy the quiet of the clean house and catch up on our DVR!

kisses from daddy

being a ham...covering one eye up with the lens cap while saying "cheese" for the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment