Followers

Friends

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

almost there

I am posting a picture of Ryan's new official big boy bed. But if you really knew me, you would know I am reluctantly posting this picture. When it comes to decorating rooms, especially rooms for my children, I can not rest until the room is perfect and 100% complete (it is killing me that Love Bug's nursery still isn't done...but at least I can close that door and just pretend it isn't there). We are still waiting on the conversion rails to make the crib into a full size bed, so the headboard and footboard are missing. I still don't have the bed skirt and the decorative pillows are missing. The pictures that should be hanging over the bed haven't been hung yet...I am waiting until the headboard is in place so the pictures are hanging at just the right height. I know...I am just as annoyed with my OCD habits...

Last night was the first night he slept in this bed; he was so excited. Actually, excited doesn't even describe it. We had to pull him off of the mattress no less than 25 times just to put the sheets and quilt on. And once they were on, he wanted to get under the covers. After bath time and reading some books, he didn't even want to cuddle. He wanted to go straight into his bed. (don't be fooled though, the second I shut the door and said goodnight, he cried for me and wanted to rock in his chair and cuddle). I kept his crib train quilt in the room, just in case we needed to it to make the transition more comfortable. So when he asked for his choo-choo blanket (what he calls his crib quilt), I grabbed the crib quilt and covered him up. He said "no, big choo-choo blanket". I guess no transition help needed!

In typical OCD fashion, I will post pictures in a couple of weeks when his conversion rails have arrived and the room is officially complete!



No comments:

Post a Comment